How Many DA42’s Are Operating in North America?
And: How many hours has the Austro AE300 engine accumulated worldwide?
As of earlier this year:
Operating Experience AE300 Engine
- Total accumulated hours: 200,000
- Deliveries: 580 engines
- Fleet Leader: DA42NG: 1900 hours
North America DA42 Fleet:
- 30 Conversions and Six NG’s including this one.
- 171 total DA42’s on FAA registry (may exclude some MPP)
- 21% of fleet operating Austro, plus, a handful of L360’s.
Total Fleet North America (ex MPP 5 or six): 171
- Lycoming: 14 (8%)
- Austro: 36 (21%)
- Centurion: 121 (71%)
Worldwide Production Current models
- DA42 – L360: 38
- DA42 NG / DA42 NG-VI: 59 and growing at 2 per month
- DA42 MPP (Surveillance) 60+ and built to order